I got this from the link on Kylees blog and thought it would be a good idea to do. I'm not one for new yrs resolutions at all (because I never stick to them) but I really liked how these questions from the Simplemom blog are about planning goals. I got so much out of conference this year and I want to make what I learnt stick!! So what better way to do that then by writing it all down and making myself accountable to you my friends :)
Anyway, enough of that, here are my answers...
1. What skill do you most want to learn this year?
This is going to sound kinda random, but I'd like to learn how to do the sound at church.
2. What is one skill you already have that you’d like to improve this year?
Again, random, but lighting, like for stages. Doing it at Conference reignited how much fun it is to do and I'd like to improve on what I know.
3. Name three books you most definitely want to read in 2009.
1. The Bible!! I need to read it so much more then what I currently do. Other then that, I don't have specific titles I want to read. Just more Jodi Picoult books & find a really good devotional too.
4. In what specific area do you most want to encourage your spouse? What are some ways you can do this?
Fitness. He wants to get fit & become a distance runner this year. I can help by being more enthusiastic about doing it with him lol! Also by making sure that our house has less junk food in it then it does now!
5. Think of one of your major life goals. What will you do this year to make you one step closer to reaching that goal?
My next life goal is becoming a Mum :) I'm going to pray about it. I'll also go to the doctor to have those tests done and make sure I live and maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet to give myself every possible best chance of falling pregnant.
~ 6 & 7 are questions about kids... not relvent...yet! :)
8. What is one of your strengths? Think of some specific ways you can exercise it this year.
Hmmm... maybe you can tell me? Nothing comes to mind that is a particular strength that I have. I just do what I do...
9. What is one of your weaknesses? Brainstorm some ideas on how you can overcome this deficiency.
This one is easier (funny that hey)... One of my weaknesses is tolerating my husbands very bad and lame jokes... I can overcome this deficiency by blocking my ears, buying him a good joke book.. lol kidding...
Serious answer... It's kinda hard just to pick one so I'm going to stick with tolerence (but not just with my husbands 'jokes' :) ). I get frustrated too quick with some things (and people!!). To overcome this I can pray about it, remember to take a deep breath and learn to just deal with it.
10. Think of an important relationship aside from your spouse and children. How will you nurture that relationship this year?
This one would have to be with my parents. To nuture it this year I'll email more, ring more and post more!! Just basically try to keep contact and communication with them strong and often.
11. Name a few ways your physical health could be improved.
Like I said it before, maintaining a healthly lifestyle and diet. Everyone should do it anyway, however at the end of last year I found out that its extra important for me to do it if I want to get what I really want this year.
12. Name a few ways your family’s financial health could be improved.
Less shopping hehe! Also eating less take out, such a bad (yet yummy) habit..
13. In what way do you want to draw closer to God?
Thru reading His Word
14. What is one area of home management that frustrates you? Think of some specific ways you could improve your attitude about it.
Living with a certain almost 22 yr old. Prayer would help my attitude, as would being more tolerant
15. Have you ever created a family mission statement with your spouse? If so, why not do one for this year?
No, but definately an idea worth considering...
16. Name one specific thing you could do with your spouse this year that will deepen your intimacy.
Different kinda personal question this one! But the answer is easy -spend more quality time. We are both SO busy with work (espec him) and other life stresses that we can go for weeks without spending any quality time together. What do I mean by that? The simple things, like just talking. And cuddling :) And weekends/nights away together, just the 2 of us, more often then our wedding anniversary.
17. What is something that is continually undone in your life? What will you do to fully complete it this year?
Hmmm.. not sure about this one.. moving on...
18. In what ways will you be involved with your local community?
Yay, another easy one! Work is the answer to that! I work for a community organisation. I run an After School Care & Holiday program so I get involved with the school, families and then the wider community during the holidays with excursions.
19. What is one thing you’d like to accomplish by your birthday this year?
I'd really like to be pregnant... heavily pregnant :) hehe! And also well on the way to having a deposit for a house saved up
20. Think of three words you’d like to describe your 2009.
Blessed,
Busy
&
Fabulous :)
4 comments:
very cool. If you don't mind can I add a suggestion. Would you mind being more involved in HFG? Cause to be absolutley honest I could really use the help... you know... not being wonder woman really sucks! But if you are in our group this year (And I really hope you are) I would love to get to know you better and work together for the kingdom of God! You are great with kids and there are alot of kids in our group who need to get the Holy Ghost. Praise the Lord for Isaiah getting it at conference... One down, 5 more to go!!
Nic ... can I add one more to your list?
Memorise Psalm 139:14 ... and BELIEVE IT!!!!
You are the handiwork of God and He wants to use the wonderful gifts and talents He's given you. Seek Him and find Him and watch Him open the windows of Heaven and pour out blessings too great to contain ...
Dare ya!!!!
come on Nic come on come on come on nic come on!! More posts Please!!!! oxox
yeah...uh...HELLO? updates on the pregnancy would be good since i NEVER see you!! u slack blogger you ;)
Post a Comment