Saturday, May 31, 2008

The game and the rest...

The rules of the game are as follows:
1. Link back to the person that tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your entry

1. I love to read, lots n lots and the first Nicholas Sparks book I read was "The Notebook". I read it in a day and I cried.. a lot lol! So now I'm not prepared to watch the movie unless I am really in the mood to cry!

2. I love mind games & word games. For example: What is something that someone can give you, but you can't give away?

3. When I want to chill out, one of the things I do is a puzzle, like the 1000 piece ones. I put on some music or the tv, get something yummy to snack on and will sit for as long as I've got doing the puzzle.

4. Given the opportunity, I would love to go on the Amazing Race. I think it would be so much fun to travel around and get to do exciting stuff in a game like that.

5. I think that massages are awesome! But I'd rather give one then get one... (cheaper that way too hehe!) Throughout year 10 & college I had a massage turtle that literally came with me where ever I went. He came to school, sleep overs & youth camps!

6. Even tho its often not good, I have to watch the news every morning. No idea why, but unless I watch it, I feel like I've missed out on something. Got to know whats going on in the rest of the world I guess! I also like to see the weather, so I can know & prepare for what my kids are going to be like in the afternoon!

Ok, theres my 6 things! Sorry they are not very interesting! I'm not going to tag anyone because I think all the people I am linked to have been tagged already! That was really hard to think of, those 6 things. I asked a friend that I was chatting to for help as I tried to think of them and they said that its hard bcoz everything about a person is important which I think is true too.

Now for the rest of my blog... Don't really have anything exciting to share (hence the reason I've hardly blogged lately). Both Jim & I have been working heaps lately.. seems like it is all we do. He's got 2 jobs and I've got my one, which still has been pretty stressful. I only have a small group of kids (20 or so) but at least half of them have such high needs, ranging from emotional to social to cognitive to physical. It can be amazingly difficult but also incredibly rewarding. A good friend told me yesterday that God put me in the right place (where I work) bcoz it means I can help those kids. I just only hope that I am helping them!! A couple of hours each afternoon isn't exactly a huge amount of time to make an impact on a child's life or anything, but if every little bit helps, then maybe I am helping them in some way.

Oh yeah, we have heating now too - YAY!!!!! Makes such a difference! My washing will dry, I don't have to walk around the house in 10 layers of clothes, I love it. Heating is definately not overrated. Thankfully Ruth, we didn't get to the icicles stage inside our apartment, otherwise that could have been interesting...

There's my blog for the week, see you all here in another week hehe!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Thanks for sharing...an interesting read! I love puzzles and mind games too! BTW... have you tried the puzzles on FB... I was addicted for a while there.